Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year to all Chinese, Half Chinese, Chinese Looking, and Filipinos who loves Chinese (hahaha) Anyway, I got up at exactly 6:00 this morning only to find out that my professor wont be attending our laboratory experiment for the day.

Since it's Chinese New Year anyway, I decided to go shopping at China town down at th
e heart of Manila. To my dismay, there weren't that many lion dance anymore unlike last night.

A lot of people are still coming, buying this and that. Chinese believes in a lot of things and New Year has probably one of the most "numerous" beliefs there is.

Ornaments are used to fight against bad luck or to push your luck to its maximum. But of course they are just guides and everything is still left for you to unravel.

Living in a Chinese Oriented family, we do celebrate Chinese New Year in many ways, but one thing is for sure, no matter how lucky a tikoy maybe, I sure had enough of those living my 20 years of life. Giving and accepting tikoys during this great event has become a tradition here in the Philippines so we do give out a lot of tikoys (and I am so happy that some gave a different product)

Chris gave me a different lucky food. It's made from honey though I forgot what it is (I was relieved it wasn't a flavored tikoy)

Circling the entire China Town sure is exhausting so we ate at Chinese Deli (I was trying to figure out if it was indeed the name of the store or their selling product)

I did like the place but Chris didn't have the luxury of time to eat so we just ordered their special milk tea and we went out already.

That's it for now, today is also the wedding anniversary of my dear ol' grandmother so we ought to celebrate later on. But before I leave, I want to show you this...
Ain't he adorable? found him at the Salazar Bakery at Ongpin.


P.S


I think my next post would be this Friday since I'm gonna be busy busy busy!

Again, to everyone, Xin Nian Kuai Le.. Gong Xi Fa Cai - Happy Chinese New Year!




Alvin

No comments: