Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Party; A Realization

Ok, another missed event that I forgot to blog. Last December 22 (I know, it's been awhile) I had a Christmas Party together with some of the closest H.S friends I have (Jewel, Grace, Marvin and Chelyne)There's only the 5 of us but that's far more better than having no one for a Christmas Holiday feast right? (I'm not pertaining to any, hahahaha)

It's really new for us to celebrate things this way. Usually we'd celebrate per 2-3 groups and just simply catch up, have a little talk and eat outside, that's about it. But for this year, we thought it would be more fun if we do things together. We went to the grocery store, bought stuffs from our own account and then cook for everyone else. It's rather amusing that everyone agreed to my idea.

The fun part rises when we ought to showcase our talents in cooking and baking and poof, the dish is ready to be serve.

1st stop, Chelyne and Marvin's Pork Sliced.. uhm.. (I forgot, but it's a Chinese Cuisine) It's really good and I find it rather aromatic in a sense. It resembled the dish that Klau and I ordered at the Highlands. It goes perfectly with the wine that Marvin bought.

2nd stop, my Beef Casserole. I never expected that it would turn out good but my bad for not even thinking about the after effects. Beef + Potatoes + Cheese, It's already packed with everything we needed for that night's dinner. But nevertheless, it was good (very good! haha)

3rd stop, Roast Chicken by Jewel and Grace, I actually loved the aroma and the flavor of the Chicken. The presentation was rather cute thanks to those potatoes that we miscalculated (just kidding)

And if it seems that it was enough, there's still more. And when I say more, I mean it.

4th stop, Cheesy Penne (Supposed to be baked but, well) Another dish of mine. It may seem that every dish that I make consist of more than enough of what is needed for our party. But I really am happy since for me it was really really good. Grace liked it a lot (I guess)

And now, for the finale. We all made this possible even if we are terrorized with missing ingredients and time pressure (and not to mention, drowsiness)

For our dessert, Bitter Sweet Chocolate Truffles. Well, there was no trace of it the next morning, need I say more?

Prior to my Family reunion last 24 where I was able to make my two masterpiece was this. Not a complete failure. It only lacks a greater presentation.

The party was a success and it was great. Something I will surely remember for a long time. We are actually looking forward for our next reunion. Something Grand and Exquisite.

Stay posted for my next entries about Road Trip part 2 and my Christmas party full of cakes with Jan and my Klaud.




P.S


See, some people think they are the only ones capable of having fun. (hahaha, again, I'm not pertaining to anyone) All I want to say is that, it's our choice, lets make the most out of it. That's my realization. Let's all be happy! Happy New Year!


Alvin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ei..vin, nhhalata k...hehehe...ang ganda nga tlga nung party ntin...hehehe...im looking forwrd to another party with u guys!..gawin nting mas msya p...at mdaming madaming pupuntang "close friends"...hehehe...